Hello world!

Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start writing!

MADDIES WEB PAGE

MY DANCE EXPERIENCE.

MY NAME IS MADISON QUALLS!
& I’VE BEEN DANCING SINCE I WAS 3 YEARS OLD
I have been training in Ballet and Modern for 14 years, and in Pointe for four years. I dance at my studio, Morton Street Dance Center, as well as for my school company, Garrison Forest Blue Allegro.
I have also studied
African/Afro-Caribbean
Hip Hop
and Jazz
As I said before  I started dancing when I was 3 years old and from there my love for it only grew. Growing up as a black girl in dance, there was little to no black ballerinas in the media. However, attending a predominantly black studio, where I was able to observe the older girls and have them as role models is something I will always be grateful for. Dance has always been an emotional outlet for me. The more emotion I put into dance, and the more I connect with the music, the more I can use dance as an escape, a way to express myself, and a way to bring joy to other people. I know I will always leave dance class satisfied. I may leave tired, but never unhappy. One of my favorite things about dance is you leave your problems at the door, and once you step into the studio you dance those problems away. The worse my day is, the better I dance. It is a way to express myself and I don’t have the exact words I want to say. My journey in dance is nowhere near over, and every day my love for dance grows and grows.
As of now I have auditioned for two dance groups on campus and I am waiting until Friday to find out if I have been accepted into them or not.
One of my favorite dance groups is “THE LAB” here are two links to my favorite performances by them DANCE VIDEO 1 DANCE VIDEO 2
My top five favorite dance styles are
  1. MODERN
  2. CONTEMPORARY
  3. HIP-HOP
  4. JAZZ
  5. BALLET
Here’s a picture of me! From: https://scontent-lga3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/136046846_10219059703505479_7441708116013845426_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=eoVbcusNZTsAX-suroY&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-2.xx&oh=b167de925328b4f126ecb9414eba853f&oe=616E7D92
And here is a photo of me and my dance friends
I love hearing the sound of a crowd after a performance
Click here for the top of this page.

1 comment